Global Citizenship at Le MERIDIEN Parkhotel Frankfurt
Starwood Hotels has a legacy of caring for the communities in which we operate, so Global Citizenship comes naturally to us. Our work focuses on the environment and our communities and leverages our people, our brands, our relationships and our global reach because we are uniquely equipped to help our associates and guests create a better world to experience.
Policies & Reporting:
- The key element of our actions is the worldwide Starwood Global Citizenship Program.
- Implemented the legal environmental requirements.
- As primarily a hotel chain, Starwood Germany has signed the codex “fairpflichtet”, a sustainability code for the German Speaking Event Industry.
- We work closely with the „Carbon Disclosure Project“ (CDP) to measure, disclose, manage and share environmental information. The CO2 calculator offers a possible evaluation of the climate impact of an event.
The Starwood Program “30:20 by 20”, which started in 2008, sets the goal of reducing our energy consumption by 30% and our water consumption by 20 % by 2020. All Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide have committed to this program.
With our Sustainable Meeting Program we offer our guests and meeting planners the opportunity to act, travel and meet sustainably:
Sustainable Meeting Program:
- Paperless booking and meeting planning
- „Check out for Children“: When checking out one US-Dollar can be donated to our partner UNICEF. This donation is voluntary.
- „Make a Green Choice“ - choose to decline daily change of bed linen and get rewarded with 500 Starpoints®
- „Clutter Free Meetings“ - include streamlined stations that provide paper, pens, glasses, water and other thoughtful touches, keeping the main work area uncluttered and organized
- 1 charging station for E-cars is located within 2 kms of the hote
- Adequate bins for waste separation
- „EAME Sustainable Fish and Seafood Guidance“: We only purchase fish and seafood from sustainable fisheries
- Food and Beverage purchases from local and regional producers and suppliers
- Possiblity of Determination of environmental impact of a meeting or event with „Meeting Impact Report“ (MIR)
Initiatives for sustainability and environment protection:
- Reduction of water consumption (shower, wash basin, toilet flush)
- Staff training and awareness to reduce water usage
- Installation of water meters in the kitchen and laundry
- Change to LED Lighting
- Waste separation
- Seasonal + local food
„Check-out for Children“ in co-operation with UNICEF
Activities for common good
- Associate trainings in different areas e.g. staff training in various areas, brand activation of different departments, cooperation with Mainhattan Sports, yoga lessons, spine fitness, measurement of lung volume, testing of eye sight, burn out presentation
- Security and health protection trainings for our associates
- Promotion of young associates as a company that takes on trainees
- Cross trainings within hotel and company
- Various trainings: Foundation of Leadership Skills, Leading Starwood, Starwood Academie
- Road to awareness: Since its launch in 2008, Starwood’s Road to Awareness associates fundraising campaign has raised over $1.5 million to support different UNICEF education projects in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- SARF (Starwood Associate Relief Fund): The Starwood Associate Relief Fund has provided nearly US$ 2 million in grant funding since inception to support associates in need around the globe when disaster strikes